Read more from this trip – Spring Break in the Maldives and Tokyo:
- Introduction: Spring Break in the Maldives and Tokyo
- British Airways Galleries Lounge, Washington Dulles
- Qatar Airways Qsuite Business Class, Washington Dulles to Doha (IAD-DOH)
- Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge
- Qatar Airways Qsuite Business Class, Doha to Malé (DOH-MLE)
- Conrad Maldives
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – Introduction and Seaplane Experience
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – Superior Water Villa
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – Food and Beverage
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – Activities and Spas
- Cathay Pacific Airways Business Class Malé to Hong Kong (MLE-HKG)
- Cathay Pacific Airways Regional Business Class Hong Kong to Tokyo (HKG-NRT)
- Conrad Tokyo
- Sushi Shin, Tokyo Food Review
- Tokyo’s most exclusive dining experience – Yakumo Saryo, Tokyo Food Review
- Japan Airlines First Class Lounge – Tokyo Narita (NRT)
- Japan Airlines First Class, Tokyo Narita to New York (NRT-JFK)
- Dates of hotel stay: 4 nights – March 16-20, 2019
- Where: Rangali Island, Maldives
- Status at time of stay: Hilton Diamond
- Paid stay / points: Points: 3 nights @ 95,000 points and 1 weekend night certificate
The superior water villas are on the “quiet” island. There aren’t many children on this of the island since parents need to sign a waiver in order to have children in the room due to the hazard created by the proximity to the water.
I loved staying on the quiet island. Vilu Restaurant, which is home to breakfast, afternoon tea and the Hilton Honors happy hour is just a few minute walk from the villas.
There are several differences between the standard water villas you can get with points and the superior water villas. The main selling point for me was the full views of the sea from your bed.
The superior water villas are also further spread out from each other in comparison to the water villas, which offers a great deal of privacy. I only saw other people out in the water once during my 4-night stay and never heard my neighbors.
Each villa features a flat screen tv and very good Bose surround sound system, which is perfect for an impromptu dance party. The sound system isn’t compatible with bluetooth so make sure to bring a 3.5″ adapter if you have a newer iPhone.
Upon arrival there were fresh flowers adorning the bed. Nice touch.
The room features a walk-in-closet, desk and chair, white leather couch and lounger.
Pro tip: The couch partially blocks the view of the sea when you’re laying in bed. Move the couch to the left of the bed for unobstructed sea views.
Since I’m a diamond Hilton member there was a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, fresh fruit and chocolates waiting for me on arrival.
The bathroom is quite large. There’s a bathtub with views of the ocean and separate shower. The bath amenities are Shanghai Tsang featured in eco friendly ceramic refillable bottles. There is also an option to have Refinery for men or Tara Smith, but I quite like the scent of Shanghai Tsang.
Another “upgrade” over the standard water villa is a hot tub versus plunge pool. I don’t really get this because it’s constantly hot in the Maldives. I would have gotten more use out of the plunge pool.
The water surrounding the villas is very shallow. I imagined jumping into the water from my villa, but this really wasn’t possible.
The rooms are serviced twice a day and housekeeping consistently did a fantastic job. My housekeeper noticed the first day that I drink a lot of water and coffee. The second day he brought 6 bottles of purified water and 15 pods of Nespresso, which were refreshed daily.
First Class Giraffe Approved
If you’re considering upgrading to the superior water villas I highly recommend it. It’s well worth the extra money.